GreyCloud was started in 1995 as an independent consultancy providing IT and software services to the Oil & Gas sector in Aberdeen.
The breadth of activities delivered can be best described by the professional summary of the founder and Director, Jonathan Guthrie.
40+ years in IT: Programmer, Systems Analyst, Systems Designer/Developer, Oracle Pre-sales/DBA, Systems Manager, Sales & Marketing, Business Development & Project Manager with experience in Oil & Gas industry applications since early 1980’s and the delivery of Business Intelligence since the early 1990’s.
Specialties: Visual Analytics (TIBCO Spotfire, Tableau, QlikView), Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects), Performance Management, Data Warehouse design, ETL and data improvements, KPI development and implementations. Production Optimisation/Efficiency, Enterprise Asset Management applications (Maximo, SAP PM), failure and root cause analysis, reliability and continuous maintenance improvement and related business processes.
Based in Aberdeen, Scotland: A frequent presenter of analytics at industry events with a comprehensive knowledge of oil industry technologies and applications.
Specializing in application use-cases for Predictive and Event-driven Analytics in the Energy sector including Utilities and Oil & Gas Upstream and Downstream activities.
- In-depth knowledge of solution delivery using Analytics & supporting front- end and back- end technologies
- Business Development and Sales Management
- Data Integration and Virtualization
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Production efficiency/optimization and work management processes supporting continuous improvement
- Nominated for a CAD/CAM International Award for Expert Systems
- Speaker at the American Embassy in London on the Implementation of Open Systems
- Nominated for 2 ROSA Open Systems Awards – IT Manager & User categories
- Former Chairman Data General UK Users Group
- Presented to the Oracle UK User Group Conference on Competence Management
- Nominated for a KADET Spirit of Enterprise Award
Relevant Project Experience and Certifications
- Analysis, design & development of multiple software applications
- Design & delivery of IT strategy
- Management of IT infrastructure and implementation project management
- Sales/marketing/training and implementations of project management, enterprise asset management and business intelligence solutions
- Construction of data models for data warehouses and databases
- Database performance tuning
- Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL